Friday, June 10, 2011

Do job searchers need a vision?

And the LORD answered me:
“Write the vision; make it plain on tablets, so he may run who reads it.
Hababkkuk 2:2

Well...yes.  Job searchers need to have a goal, a plan, something that inspires them.  A vision is what will enable you to keep going during difficult times.  It will also give some direction to your job searching.

A vision should be something that you can articulate when asked.  A few weeks ago I was at a networking event.  Someone asked me where I wanted to be in five years.  I thought I had the answer to that question until I was pressed for more details.  To my dismay I couldn't give any.  So I've been working on my vision since then.  I've been so caught up in short term survival that I've forgotten about long term goals.

My next Examiner article is going to be about job searching and career vision.  I plan to publish it tomorrow.  Until then, here's something to think about:  What is your career vision?  Where do you want to be in five years?

No comments:

Post a Comment