Monday, June 13, 2011

Working with staffing agencies

Picture from www.freestockphotography.com
Long term unemployment sometimes equals the need for a "survival" job.  A survival job is one that pays the bills while you look for the job you really want.  Many times such jobs don't use all the skills that you have.  They're not dream jobs.  But its honest work that will keep you going.


Staffing agencies sometimes provide survival jobs.  I've signed up with a couple of staffing agencies.  I've had a couple of assignments as a receptionist.  The last time I worked as a receptionist  I was in college.  That was my summer job.  For me being a receptionist is a survival job but it is honest work.  I was happy to get it.

Here is a link to an article about working with staffing agencies. (The truth about temporary staffing services) I'm following the author's (Nicole King) suggestions; particularly the one about taking short term assignments.  I think you'll find the information helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment